Monday, August 9, 2010

Switching from Swift LT to Swift FX

I've been using the Swift LT for 1 1/2 to 2 years. It worked well for me. I put it through its paces. I took it camping, took it to relatives homes, used it on couches, of course used it at home sweet home in my bed, slept on my sides, back and even face!. The LT worked like a champ in all those sleeping arrangements and positions. Why in the world would I give up the LT? Well, to see what new technology offered! The Swift LT was the third or fourth masked I tried in search of the perfect mask for me. I was very impressed at the time. So, once the Swift FX came about, I thought I should give it a try! Let's start by opening the package.

The FX comes with more than any typical CPAP mask. The packaged contained four different sizes: extra small, small, medium, and large. The mask also came with soft wraps. Soft wraps are padding strips that go along the cheek portion of the mask. Last but not least, the FX comes with the User Guide. Enough with looking at it, I wanted to use it!


It was fairly easy to adjust. A quick pull over the head and pull a couple of straps, there, I was sealed and more importantly comfortable. I did this in front of a mirror. This makes adusting it a little easier for me. I found it best to adjust it while I have it on. Also, be sure to adjust your mask well before you want to go to sleep. When you are ready to sleep is not the best time to try and figure out a new mask. Believe me, I've tried it. Next step, don the mask at sleepy time and sleep with it!



No matter how experienced you are with CPAP, new masks always take some getting used to. When I first put it on at bed time with the CPAP on, it felt like "more air" than usual. However, the CPAP machine's setting was the same as before. The only reason I can come up with for the feeling is the following. CPAP masks are shaped differently in many ways. The air flow pattern for a particular mask is unique. What I mean is air is going to flow differently through a full face mask versus nasal pillows. Air will also flow differently in different styles of nasal pillows too. So, maybe the FX gives the sensation of "more air". Well, anyway, this concludes my specultion on this matter. On with the sleep.

Once I was laying in position to go to sleep, I noticed the FX exhaust port vented in a slightly different direction than the LT. I had to move the blanket a little so the exhaust didn't blow onto it making a ssshhhhhh sound. There, one hurdle jumped. This was actually something I had to continue to get used to. When I would roll, I had to adjust things a little to keep the ssshhhh away. As with most any mask, you have to deal with the exhaust flow. It is by no means only with the FX.

Overall, the first night with the FX went well. It wasn't as good as the good ole LT night, but I had some adjusting to do. No worries. I'll get there.

Stay tuned for more FX updates!





3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing information about new features of swift Fx.You giving very important knowledge of cpap mask uses.thanks for this post...
    cpap machine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have mentioned productive points in your article. Really hard to find this kind of informative blog.

    Cpap store Boca Raton

    ReplyDelete
  3. At MedWorld Trade, we value your thorough review of the Swift LT and Swift FX CPAP masks, even though they are not classified as Nasal Pillow Masks. It's essential to hear from users who have explored various mask options to determine the best fit for their needs. Your insights into the adjustment process and the unique airflow patterns of CPAP masks offer valuable information for individuals on their quest to find the ideal Nasal Pillow Mask, for their therapy.

    ReplyDelete